The most common reason for necessitating a reset is when the protection circuit breaker trips. This occurs after a power loss and is designed to avoid fires and explosions. Even if the thermostat is set to “cold,” a reset can fix an air conditioner that only blows warm air.
There could be many reasons your air conditioner is spewing warm air, but one is a thermostat malfunction. A hard reset of your air conditioner may be necessary to resolve the issue.
How Often Do You Reset The Air Conditioner?
It’s usual to reset an air conditioner, but doing it regularly could create a more significant issue. And resetting the unit regularly could exacerbate the problem.
How Can I Restart The Air Conditioner?
The following are some of the strategies you can utilize to get your system up and running quickly:
- Turn The Unit Off: Ensure your thermostat is turned off. Turn off your air conditioner after that.
- Locate And Hit The Reset Button: Nowadays, most air conditioners include a reset button. You can reference the system manually if you’re unsure where to look.
- Use Thermostat Interface: The thermostat interface to turn off the air conditioner stops all processes and realigns all components in preparation for future booting or startup.
- Resetting The Breaker In The Central Circuit Breaker Unit: This effectively stops any electricity from flowing into the air conditioner and resets the air conditioner’s programming. Wait 30 minutes after finishing this process before moving on to the next stage.
- Set The Thermostat To COOL Mode And Turn It On: It’s time to restart the computer. However, set the thermostat to cold and ensure it’s about 5 degrees cooler than the room’s average temperature.
- Make Sure It’s Working: After adjusting the thermostat, double-check that the problem has been resolved. Set your thermostat to the required temperature and wait a few minutes. If you see cool, comfortable air emanating from your vents, you can be rest assured that your air conditioner is in good operating order and doesn’t require AC repair in Ontario.
How Do You Reset An Air Conditioner Without A Reset Button?
- To begin, disconnect the power source to your compressor unit. This can be done using the shutdown panel next to the machine.
- After the power source has been turned off, turn off the unit breaker in the circuit breaker box.
- Unplug the system to disconnect the system component from the power supply points. This will ensure that the air conditioning equipment is not powered up.
- Allow 30 minutes for the system to cool before reconnecting it to the power supply.
- Check that the thermostat can operate in cool mode before turning on the AC unit breaker.