You’re more likely to have an air conditioner breakdown in the middle of the summer when temperatures are at their highest, while you’re using it the most. There are a variety of issues that can cause an air conditioner to stop working.
If your air conditioner suddenly stops working on the hottest days of the year, it may result from a blown a fuse. There is a risk of electric shock when dealing with AC repairs, especially when it comes to fuses. To avoid costly repairs this summer, have your machine regularly inspected by AC installers in Ontario, NY.
Consequences Of A Blown Fuse
When the AC fuse blows, the blower may run nonstop, regardless of how hot or cold your house is or how the thermostat is set.
All power is lost when a fuse blows on a typical air conditioner. As a result, the fuse handles all of the thermostat’s low-voltage controls. If the fuse blows, the device cannot process these orders.
Checking The Blown Fuse
Fuse overheats and blows very quickly when exposed to a severe overload. Your AC’s outside unit will be completely non-functional if you suspect a fuse has blown.
In most cases, if you suspect that your air conditioner has blown a fuse, you should contact AC maintenance in Ontario for help.
Causes Of A Fuse Blowing
Have a qualified technician examine your machine to find out what caused the fuse to blow. The following are some of the most likely explanations for such an event:
- Loose Wiring: Loose wiring causes blown AC fuses. Over time, your air conditioner’s wiring will expand and contract, loosening and reducing its performance and safety. Professionals should only inspect these high voltage circuits.
- Old Motor: Old or obstructed motors overwork capacitors. The capacitor helps run the condenser. This component regulates the condenser’s electrical current. Consult AC installers in Ontario, NY, about replacing the motor.
- Leaking Refrigerant: If the refrigerant is escaping from your air conditioner, it will have a tougher time performing at its best. Breakers and fuses are more likely tripped or blown on an air conditioner constantly working too hard.
- Blocked Filters: A clogged filter might cause your appliance to overheat, resulting in a blown a fuse. To avoid overheating the system, always clean your air filters during summer.
- Faulty Compressor: A malfunctioning compressor will result in insufficient cooling of the incoming air. It could be due to the AC having too much refrigerant or the fact that the unit is repeatedly turned off and back on in a short period.
Contact Green Guys Mechanical
A malfunctioning AC fuse can blow, but it could also sign a much bigger problem with your system.
At Green Guys Mechanical, we have certified, knowledgeable, and experienced service technicians who diagnose the problem and quickly get your air conditioner back up and running. In addition to repairing blown fuses, we offer a wide range of other air conditioning repair services. Ring us on (585) 667-4828 to schedule AC maintenance in Ontario.